To deposit or withdraw funds, login to your Interactive Brokers (IBKR) account, click “Transfer & Pay”, then “Transfer Funds”. From there you can use whatever option suits you best. If you have any questions reach out to Tines Capital or review our tips below.
- Electronic ACH connection at IBKR
- Mailing a check
- Wire Funds
- Bill Pay Deposits
- Move an IRA
- Move a workplace retirement plan
- Electronic Check Deposit
1. Electronic ACH Connection at IBKR
Everyone should connect a bank account to each of their IBKR accounts. It makes depositing and withdrawing money very easy once it is setup. Watch the video below to see how you can set up an ACH connection between Interactive Brokers and your bank account.
2. Mail a Check
- All checks must be made payable to “Interactive Brokers LLC” – not Tines Capital.
- All checks must have the account number written on them in the memo line. The account number is typically 7 digits preceded by a “U”.
- Clients may mail checks directly to Interactive Brokers, after creating a deposit notification on the Interactive Brokers website. To make a notification go to “Transfer & Pay”, then “Transfer Funds”, then “Deposit”, then “Mail a Check.” In this process IBKR will provide you with the correct mailing address and a document to mail with the check. If you have any questions on this process please call Tines Capital for help.
3. Wire Funds
You can deposit or withdraw funds using wire instructions. To do this login to Interactive Brokers then navigate to Transfer & Pay > Transfer Funds > Make a Deposit/Withdrawal > Wire. Then use the current instructions for your account.
4. Send Bill Pay from Bank
You can send funds using your banks bill pay feature. To do this login to Interactive Brokers then navigate to Transfer & Pay > Transfer Funds > Make a Deposit > Find Bill Pay. Then use the current bill pay instructions for your account.
5. Move an existing IRA
If you have funds at an existing Roth, Traditional IRA, or SEP IRA they can be moved to Interactive Brokers in several ways. One way is to login and select “Transfer & Pay”, “Transfer Funds”, “Make a Deposit”, then “Trustee to Trustee Notification.” From there follow the prompts and reach out to Tines Capital if you need any help.
6. Move funds from an existing 401K
If you have funds at an existing workplace retirement plan they can be moved to Interactive Brokers in several ways. One way is to login and select “Transfer & Pay”, “Transfer Funds”, “Make a Deposit”, then “Direct Rollover Notification.” From there follow the prompts and reach out to Tines Capital if you need any help.
7. Deposit Check via Mobile App (Taxable Accounts Only)
- Login to the “Trading Section” of the IBKR mobile app.
- Select “More.”
- Select “Transfer and Pay”
- Select “Deposit Check”